Get a tasty variation of the classical Italian panzanella – with plums and orange to give it a twist.
- 200 g yesterday’s bread, preferably sourdough
- 300 g fennel, thinly sliced
- 1,5 orange, peeled and cut in wedges
- 0,5 orange for juice
- 4 plums, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 150 g rocket
- Optional: Goat’s cheese or vegan cheese
- Handful of fresh dill
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Handful of hazelnuts
- Cut the bread in cubes of 2-3 centimeters. Toss around in a bowl with some olive oil and salt.
- Roast them in the oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Roast the hazelnuts at 160 degrees, also for 10-15 minutes. Both are ready when golden, allow them then to cool.
- Make a dressing with the juice of half an orange, white wine vinegar, olive oil, pepper and salt. Mix well and add the thinly sliced red onion.
- Put the croutons, fennel and orange in a bowl. Mix in the dressing and let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan, grill the plums on their cut side until they are golden.
- Serve the salad with rocket, the plums on top and some drizzles of olive oil.
- Optionally, you could add a creamy mild goat or vegan cheese.
The flavors mix wonderfully as you toss the whole around and let it rest for the bread to soak up the flavors of the juices from the added vegetables and vinegar. Enjoy!
Mundekullas Gröna Kök: Want to buy the book?
Mundekullas Gröna Kök won the Gourmand Cookbook Awards 2021 for Best Vegetarian Cookbook in Sweden and Best Hotel Cookbook in the World. The book features more than 70 vegan and vegetarian recipes and has 10 chapters on playing with flavors and textures, how to design and plant-based meal or buffet, the love for cooking farm-to-table. Buy the book here!
More recipes and inspiration from Stephanie Verstift
- Recipe: Lukewarm gnocchi with broccoli, spinach, radish & tarragon
- The most important ingredients for creative cooking – love & curiosity!
- Back to Basics – How to eat sustainable, plant-based and delicious?
Next recipe will be published in July!
Meditations to digest and rest
A guided meditation practice in restorative rest.
Sweet, gentle and relaxing guided Yoga Nidra meditation for calm and inner peace in body, mind and spirit.
A meditation to enhance and stabilise the Central Nervous System, with Amir Jaan.
Mantra: This kriya uses the most powerful mantra of them all – OM.
To watch a full video you need to be logged in as a paying Yogobe member. Haven't tried Yogobe before? Try it for free during 14 days – get started here!
Photographer: Elaine Lilje
Mundekulla retreat center
Mundekulla is an ecological course and retreat center in the Småland countryside. At Mundekulla, people meet for courses, conferences and festivals, focusing on personal development, mindfulness, creativity, nature and of course beautiful nutritious food! Since its start over 20 years ago, the center has been built on sustainable principles. With traditional building methods and green energy, as well as with a focus on social justice and promoting various peace projects. The whole idea with Mundekulla is to create and co-create learning, art, music, community and health. The best thing is all the wonderful, meaningful encounters with other people. That's the core.
Find out more at: mundekulla.se