Embodied Flow Yin Yoga Immersion
Datum: 15 - 20 oktober 2018
Instruktör: Satu Tuomela & Scott Lyons
Hitta fler resor här!
About the Practice
Embodied Flow Yin Yoga is a gentle integrative practice that creates a sacred space where time expands and slows down for you to to catch up to your deepest sense of self.
This approach combines a unique blend of yin poses, guided imagery, experiential anatomy, movement meditation, five elements Chinese medicine, breath work, mantra and mind-body medicine practices.
Embodied Flow Yin yoga recognizes that the way we care for ourselves, others, and the environment are interrelated. Through developing awareness and lovingkindness on and off the mat we gain a felt sense of this “interrelatedness” (yoga) and can become a more fully inhabited embodied being. In this tradition, becoming embodied is a processes of returning to our innate sense of well-being where the richness and subtleties of life are experienced. In this way, a life fully felt- is a life fully lived.
In this training we will explore and learn:
- Yin poses (basic poses and variations)
- Therapeutic applications of Embodied Flow Yin including biomechanics, mind-body medicine, bodywork, energy medicine, emotional processing, and trauma informed approaches
- Foundations of traditional Chinese medicine (meridians, the five elements)
- Introduction to Embodied Flow principles and methodology
- Facilitation skills in exploring eastern and western experiential anatomy
- How to hold space for deep discovery and processing
- Using props in a unique way that offer modifications that can help support each student's needs.
- Advanced observation and hands on assisting skills
- Integration of Tantric and Buddhist philosophy with Yin yoga
- How to create guided meditation that enhances the yin state of receptiveness, acceptance, compassion, intuition, and an individual’s capacity to self heal.
- Create sacred spaces through rituals
- How to facilitate dynamic classes with yin yoga sequences, mantra, and movement meditations
Please note that the daily schedule and curriculum is subject to change depending on the needs of the group.
- 07:30 - 08:00 Morning meditation
- 08:00 - 10:00 Morning practice
- 10:30- 13:00 Theory, talks, and embodiment practices
- 13:00 - 14:30 Lunch
- 14:30 - 17:00 Theory, teachings, and embodiment practices
- Date: 15-20 of October 2018
- Time: 7:30-17:00 every day
- Location: Pranama Stockholm
- 1250 EUR Early Bird Special (must be paid in full by June first)
- 1350 EUR Regular Price
- Deposit of 500 EUR will secure your spot and is paid with reservation
- Included: full training, material, snacks
- Previous knowledge: This is for everyone
- To bring: Your own yoga mat
- Teachers: Satu Tuomela & Scott Lyons
This is for anyone interested in deepening their studies and/or for starting to teach yin yoga in the Embodied Flow way.
With homework you can get a 100 h certification (Embodied Yin) with yoga alliance. Without homework, a 50 h continuing hours certification.
About the facilitators
Satu Tuomela (ERYT500, Reiki master, Embodied Flow™ Teacher/Mentor) is one of the most influential and respected teachers in Scandinavia and has a big and loving Kula (community) around the world. Satu has been teaching for about 20 years and is known for her unique and authentic transmission. She charms with her intuitive instructions, goddess vibe, humor, loving adjustments, Reiki and clear understanding of human body and how every body is unique.
Satu is currently studying devotional contemplative tantra with Sally Kempton, as well as shamanism. She will also become a movement therapist soon. Satu is a Kali devotee and honors her daily sadhana with passion.
Dr. Scott Lyons is dedicated to teaching embodiment as a way of exploring human development, healing, growth and transformation. His deep passion is to integrate somatic practices, transpersonal inquiry and scholarly research into the creative and healing arts.
Scott is the co-creator of Embodied Flow™ and has had the privilege of teaching Embodied Flow™ and Body-Mind Centering™ workshops and trainings throughout the United States, Europe, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand and Asia. He was an adjunct professor at New York University from 2007-2010 where he co-taught the Viewpoints Studio with Mary Overlie. As an artist, Scott’s work has been performed at BAM, Symphony Space, Dance New Amsterdam as well as theaters throughout the United States and Europe.
Foundational to Scott’s teaching is the principle that we can, through intention, expand our capacity to meet and be met. In this way, we can offer the profound gift to our self, others and the environment of being heard, seen, and feeling felt at a cellular level.