Interested in pilates that encourage and challenge you? With joy and strenght, Emma Cowan teaches all-levels practitioners. Learn more about Emma and her new pilates classes on Yogobe here!
Fun and challenging pilates classes – from Arizona to Gothenburg
Emma Cowan from Pilates Complete is our newest member in Team Yogobe! She is a 29-year-old Pilates instructor originally from Arizona, USA, now living in Gothenburg with her Swedish partner and a gorgeous, 5-year-old amstaff named Snoop. Emma teaches both private and group classes and working as an admin assistant at Pilates Complete. Now she has joined Team Yogobe and we had a little chat with her:
How did you begin practicing pilates?
– I was 19 when my best friend found a pilates course at our community college. The course allowed us to take classes twice a week while studying for a Pilates Matwork certification. I never did anything with that certification, but the course lit a fire in me and led me to work in a high-end Pilates Studio in Manhattan and Redondo Beach, California, as a receptionist.
– When I moved to Sweden in 2014, I found Jasmin and Linda at Pilates Complete. I worked reception and admin for Pilates Complete until I was ready to move on to teaching. I started teaching in 2016. I have received my entire Pilates certification through Stott Pilates at the Stockholm Pilates Center.
What inspires you to continue practicing and teaching pilates?
– Passion! The more I learn about pilates, the body and movement – the more engaged I get with my clients and my own practice. I love learning and expanding my practice.
Is there any difference in how pilates is practiced in the US compared to Sweden?
– Pilates is world renowned and has a huge international community. The foundation is always the same. I think the magic and variations of pilates come from the instructors! The foundation is always the same, but every instructor is different.
– For example - one instructor may be more inclined to lead a more flowy practice while another can choose to have more strength and conditioning. Both classes can be very similar in form but if one instructor has more emphasis on strength and conditioning, while the other focuses on grace and flexibility - you will have two completely different classes.
What can we look forward to in your classes on Yogobe?
– You can look forward to having fun and getting a great workout. I like to lead fun and lighthearted classes. I like to challenge participants while also giving them the space to modify if an exercise is too hard. All levels are welcome, and all levels will be challenged!
Practice pilates with Emma Cowan at Yogobe
Maybe you have already had the chance to join a Yogobe LIVE session with Emma? Now we have added pilates classes with her in our video library! Explore Emma's classes in the video library or check out the recommended videos below!
You can also practice her whole Pilates Workout series on the playlist here. Pilates Workout Series is effective allround training at its best – matwork, standing, kneeling and seated pilates classes! Emma also offers the two English workouts in the Pilates Athlete playlist with classes that build strength and balance as well as being a great complement to your ordinary sports. One class for runners and one for racket sports players.
Read more about exercise for body and soul
- Find your inner motivation, by Satu Tuomela
- Exercise for long-term wellbeing - here’s how you get started, by Tanja Djelevic
- Design your life – create good habits with the help of yoga and meditation, by Emma Öberg
Pilates classes online with Emma Cowan
To watch a full video you need to be logged in as a paying Yogobe member. Haven't tried Yogobe before? Try it for free during 14 days – get started here!