Gnocchi is one of my favorites. The mushy starchy texture is delicious and has more flavor than pasta. You can make me happy with gnocchi any time of day or year! This recipe has spring and summer vibes with lots of fresh greens and roasted radish.
Main dish for 2 persons
- 200 g gnocchi
- 10 radishes, in halves
- Bunch of spring onions, whole
- 100 g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 broccoli, in chunky pieces
- 100 g fresh baby spinach
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- Olive oli
- Sea salt
- Zest and a little juice of 2 lemons
- Handful of fresh tarragon, chopped
- Grill the broccoli in a grill or frying pan for 5-10 minutes until golden and a little charred edge here or there. Also grill the radishes and whole spring onions (or add the spring onions thinly sliced).
- Boil the gnocchi and the green peas in water with some salt. Whilst that is cooking combine some olive oil, salt, lots of lemon zest, a tiny splash of lemon juice and freshly chopped tarragon to make a lemony sweet herb dressing.
- Once the gnocchi is ready, combine all the ingredients together. Add the dressing and grind some black pepper over the dish.
- Put on your summer hat, find a nice spot in the sun and get ready to enjoy!
- Tips: Instead of tarragon you can also use flat parsley, dill or chives. A wonderfully tasty and colourful add-on are caramelized or pickled chioggia beets. Instead of gnocchi this dish also works well with pasta or on top of a creamy potato mash with chives.
- Serving: For extra protein you could add a butter bean dip, roasted almonds or a simple salad with beans or sprouts on the side. Vegetarian add-ons could be soft-boiled eggs, parmesan or goat cheese.
Book: Mundekullas Gröna Kök
Mundekullas Gröna Kök won the Gourmand Cookbook Awards 2021 for Best Vegetarian Cookbook in Sweden and Best Hotel Cookbook in the World. The book features more than 70 vegan and vegetarian recipes and has 10 chapters on playing with flavors and textures, how to design and plant-based meal or buffet, the love for cooking farm-to-table.
In May, you'll get to buy the book to a reduced price – buy it here!
Read more from Stephanie and Mundekulla
Yoga classes to enjoy before the lunch/dinner
Practice Sun salutations A and B as well as half of the standing sequence of the Ashtanga yoga practice.
Calming and restorative – two resting postures to de-stress.
For those moments when you wish to wind down and recover, with Ulrica Norberg.
This class is designed to bump you up against your thresholds through a series of progressive backbends, letting breath move like wildfire to expand you through your edges and beyond.
To watch a full video you need to be logged in as a paying Yogobe member. Haven't tried Yogobe before? Try it for free during 14 days – get started here!
Photographer: Elaine Lilje
What is Mundekulla?
Mundekulla is an ecological course and retreat center in the Småland countryside, in Sweden. At Mundekulla, people meet for courses, conferences and festivals, focusing on personal development, mindfulness, creativity, nature and of course beautiful nutritious food!
Since its start over 20 years ago, the center has been built on sustainable principles. With traditional building methods and green energy, as well as with a focus on social justice and promoting various peace projects. The whole idea with Mundekulla is to create and co-create learning, art, music, community and health. The best thing is all the wonderful, meaningful encounters with other people. That's the core. Read more at: mundekulla.se