The Joy of Being – yoga, movement & meditation retreat
Date: 5 - 10 October 2023
Instructor: Anna-Mari Pentikäinen & Lauren Garner
You are warmly invited to spend 5 days with us on the beautiful Portuguese coast.
This Retreat is open to people of all levels and backgrounds, and no previous experience in yoga or meditation is needed.
We will gather together in a luxury villa surrounded by breathtaking views and nature to reconnect to our bodies and celebrate the joy of being.
Coming back home to ourselves and remembering the wonder we feel in simply ‘being’ and enjoying life.
yoga retreat schedule
The schedule will be a versatile combination of embodied yoga & movement (slow flow, yin yoga, energising flow, yin-yang yoga, yoga nidra), meditation, breathwork, somatic movement practices, workshops, sharing circles and ceremonies.
You will also have the opportunity to book surf lessons with our experienced coach, and indulge yourself with luxury treatments & massages with extra cost.
All food is included in the retreat price which will consist of 3 delicious vegetarian or vegan meals per day prepared by our in-house chef, snacks, and hot and cold beverages (alcohol, and eating outside of the villa will not be included).
- dates: 5-10.10.2023
location: Near Lisbon, Portugal
- location from Lisbon airport: 30mins bus drive (ticket around 10€)
price: EARLYBIRD valid until 30.6.2023:
- EALYBIRD prices:
- 1249 EUR pp– Shared twin room with your own single bed
- 1199 EUR pp – Double bed sharing with friend/partner in your own room
- 1449 EUR pp – Double bed solo in your own single room
- Yoga retreat price includes: 5 nights accommodation, Food (5x dinner, 5x breakfast, 4x lunch, snacks, hot & cold beverages), 10x yoga & meditation sessions (90mins per session), Workshops, rituals, ceremonies, 2 x interactive workshops (for example self-soothe aromatherapy workshop), use of the pool, bath towels and bed linen.
- Price doesn't include: flights, airport shuffle, travel insurance, yoga mats, food outside of the villa, alcoholic drinks
- teachers: Anna-Mari Pentikäinen & Lauren Garner
- sign up: [email protected] (Participants can buy the flight tickets when the minimum group size is gathered, we will inform everyone who signed up about this)
Yoga retreat venue in Portugal
A unique luxury villa offering a large salt water pool and garden, amazing sunsets, and light & cosy bedrooms. The whole villa is reserved exclusively for our yoga retreat group.
Casa Guincho villa is for lovers of nature, space, ocean and light. It is where your horizons expand as you absorb the breathtaking views over the green valley national park towards Guincho beach and the surrounding countryside.
Casa Guincho is located in the small village of Charneca, just 15 minutes walk from the stunning Guincho beach through a beautiful green valley in the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park. At Guincho beach you will be able to surf and take lessons with our experienced coach, or simply relax and soak up the sun.
About the yoga teachers
Lauren is an experienced yoga & movement facilitator and bodywork therapist, with a background in Health Psychology. She is passionate about considering all aspects of an individual (physical, psychological, emotional & spiritual) when it comes to health and wellbeing.
Anna-Mari is a yoga/movement & meditation teacher who loves music, stories & exploring movement (+900 hours of yoga teacher/somatic movement trainings). She's facilitated dozens of yoga retreats and yoga sailings. Her background is in gender studies, sociology, embodied yoga, somatic movement & classical tantra. Her style of teaching is intuitive and gentle. She's using soundscape/music, archetypes and intuitive writing as tools for self inquiry on her yoga & movement lessons.
FREE Somatic movement practice: song of the heart (with Anna-Mari)
Yoga & work out at home with YogobeCreate account Try for free