TRUE NORTH VINYASA 40 HOUR TEACHER IMMERSION: THE ART OF SEQUENCING & THEMING WHILE STAYING TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE
Date: 1 - 5 June 2020
Location: Vallåsens Värdshus, Båstad, Sweden
Instructor: Lisa Andersson Rhodiner and Elin Jensen
DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE, ELEVATE YOUR TEACHING SKILLS AND STRENGTHEN YOUR YOGA BRAND. This training is for you if you are currently teaching yoga, longing to dive deeper into your own vinyasa practice as well as continue your growth as a person, as a professional yoga teacher and as a yoga teacher brand.
IN THIS 40 HOUR TRAINING you will indulge into the art of sequencing elegant vinyasa classes that keep your yogis coming back for more. You will learn how to incorporate themes that are authentically you and how to create courses, workshops and retreats that stay true to your core being – but also make it possible to make a living as a yoga teacher.
SET IN THE LUSH FOREST OF SOUTHERN SWEDEN, this teacher immersion is designed to boost your practice, sharpen your skillset, help define your brand as a yoga teacher and send you home with new energy. Join us in the endless daylight of Swedish summer for this beautiful experience springled with delicious vegetarian food, green forest trails and good times connecting with people like you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to sequence beautiful vinyasa flow yoga classes for different levels and needs of yogis
- How to simplify class planning and save time
- How to theme classes and concepts with authenticityo
- How to design a course/class pack that keeps yogis coming back
- How to design workshops that reflect your personality and your strengths
- How to design, organise, price and market a retreat
- How to set long term goals in order to grow your brand and business
- How to ensure that you stay true to who you are
WHAT YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The course will naturally sequence (!) into discussions about presenting yourself as a business and a brand. Elin and Lisa will share their personal insights and best tips from many years of experience teaching yoga and running businesses.
We offer an optional individual photoshoot with a professional photographer onsite. We do this because we know it can be difficult and pricey to arrange, and in this setting you'll have access to fantastic help from colleagues in a beautiful setting. Price will be communicated as we get closer to start date but will be much lower than regular rates.
Each morning after breakfast, we will discuss the sequences and themes from the morning class. We will also discuss challenging asanas from the class and practice assisting them. We will speak as colleagues and learn from each other.
- Yoga practice, including meditation, pranayama and physical asana practice (primarily vinyasa), 10 hours
- The Art of Sequencing and Theming Vinyasa Flow, 12 hours
- Business, branding and personal/professional development, 8 hours
- Pre- and post training tasks plus homework, 10 hours
INTENSIVE IMMERSION FORMAT with daily morning and evening full practice and training/workshops in-between. We believe the personal retreat is a key component of remaining an amazing and inspirational yoga teacher. In this immersion, you get to practice alongside fellow teachers, exchange experiences and evolve in your craft as well as in your personal physical practice.
BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS and healthy nourishing food will have a powerful impact on any learning experience. For this training we invite you to a unique venue in Southern Sweden run by Elin's sisters. You will be staying at an aesthetically stimulating hotel, surrounded by forest, trails and singing birds.
STRONG FACULTY with two main teachers onsite throughout the training. Elin Jensen and Lisa Andersson Rhodiner have facilitated several 200 hour yoga teacher trainings, and have offered yoga classes, retreats, workshops and courses for nearly 20 years combined.
SMALL GROUPS are key for a high quality experience, we believe. We expect 10–20 fellow teachers in this training. With two facilitators onsite, this guarantees a lot of individual attention and a personal experience.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF
- You are a yoga teacher of any lineage
- You like practicing vinyasa and are longing to practice and explore
- You like the idea of being surrounded by other teachers and get nerdy for a few days
- You want to learn to sequence beautiful vinyasa classes
- You want to learn to theme in a way that is authentic to you
- You are ready to take the next step as a teacher beyond just weekly classes
- You want to grow your business in a sustainable way
- You want to grow your network of vinyasa yoga teachers from all over the world
- Course tuition and yoga classes
- Course manual/material
- Four nights at Vallåsens Värdshus, Sweden
- All meals (vegetarian)
- Possibility to register 40hr continuing education with Yoga Alliance
- Access to mentorship and support after training
- Access to a world-wide network of True North Vinyasa teachers
- Airfare and airport transfer
- Optional extra course literature
DATES & LOCATION
June 1–5, 2020 at Vallåsens Värdshus, Sweden
Check-in is from 3 pm on June 1st, with a welcome circle is at 4 pm. Check-out is after breakfast on June 5
The venue is located in the countryside in Southern Sweden. The closest international airport is Kastrup, Copenhagen Airport. Transfer is easiest by train directly at the airport to Båstad station, which takes a little under 2 hours. We can pick you up at the train station. Closest national airport is Ängelholm (flights from Stockholm). If you opt to rent a car, the drive from Copenhagen Airport is about 1,5 hours. If you live in the northern parts of Europe we encourage you to take the train or car rather than a flight out of consideration for our planet.
Your free time is perfectly spent on forest trails hiking, trail running or mountain biking. Bikes are available to rent onsite.
- Day 1 is check-in with an introduction and evening practice followed by dinner
- Day 2,3 and 4 follow the schedule below
- Day 5 includes breakfast followed by check-out (no class on departure day)
- 7.30–9.30 am | Morning Practice
- 9.30 am | Breakfast
- 11 am–1.30 pm | Session 1 + class discussion
- 1.30 pm | Lunch
- 3–7 pm | Session 2 + Evening Practice
- 7 pm | Dinner and self-study
PRICES AND BOOKINGS
SHARED DOUBLE ROOM WITH PRIVATE BATH: €1,250
SINGLE ROOM WITH PRIVATE BATH: €1,550
Early bird discount: €100 off (applies to bookings registered before January 1, 2020)
TRUE NORTH VINYASA Graduate discount: €200 off
Graduate discount applies to bookings by graduates from True North Vinyasa's 200 hour YTT program when registered before January 1, 2020.
To reserve your spot, we require a non-refundable deposit of €500. The remaining balance will be billed around March 1, 2020.
- Yoga Teacher of any lineage and education, minimum 200hr or equivalent
- At least 6 months of teaching experience
- Ability to communicate in English*
* Clear verbal communication and a varied, inspirational way with words are essential parts of your success as a yoga teacher. While our training is in English, we are aware that you may not teach in English. We will encourage you to work in your language whenever possible but we can only offer effective support in English, Swedish and Spanish.
Elin Jensen (SWE) is a vinyasa teacher based in the seaside town of Båstad, southern Sweden. Elin teaches at her studio Yogalito in Båstad, as well as at retreats, workshops and trainings in Sweden and beyond. Elin’s vinyasa yoga is strong, steadily paced, mindfully sequenced and designed to prepare each individual body and mind to safely take on new challenges with a playful edge. She thrives off of the privilege to guide into full bloom what every yogi already has: a powerful body with infinite possibilities. Elin is the co-founder of True North Vinyasa offering 200hr Vinyasa Flow Teacher Trainings and immersions for teachers in Sweden and Portugal
Lisa Andersson Rhodiner (SWE) is a full-time yoga teacher and teacher trainer with 7 years of experience and 1000+ hours of completed trainings. Since graduating from her first teacher training in 2012 she's been teaching yoga around the world offering classes and workshops at world-renowned yoga studios in locations like Bali and Sri Lanka, as well as teaching at international yoga festivals in Europe and Asia. Lisa is the co-founder of INSPIRO YOGA and TRUE NORTH VINYASA, offering international yoga retreats and Vinyasa Flow teacher trainings in Portugal and Sweden. An entrepreneur at heart and a passionate healthy food and sustainable lifestyle advocate, Lisa has co-founded multiple forward-thinking lifestyle projects. Art of Life Yoga & Raw Food Retreats in Bali, Pop Up Yoga & Brunch Ericeira, Yogalito Teachers Academy and Find Your Flow Immersions are just a few.
Read more about Lisa here.