Sama Yoga Teacher Training
Date: 26 May 2023 - 14 January 2024
Location: Shambala Gatherings, Skinnskatteberg, Sweden
Instructor: Sky Akasha, Petra Kalla, Sanna Tobias, Anna Sunesson, Swami Vagishananda
About the one year Sama Yoga Teacher Training
The Sama Yoga Teacher training involves a full understanding of Yoga, not only on the mat, but as a way of living that gives harmony, balance and joy in your life. From over 12 years of leading teacher trainings, we have collected the most valuable teachings and insights that can not be learnt merely from reading or from the internet. This course will transform you into a confident teacher with depth behind your words.
Suitable both if you wish to teach, or just deepen your own practice and understanding of Yoga.
A wish for all students:
May we gain the blessing of Moksha (liberation from a sense of limitation) and have the capacity to share with comfort and confidence the true teachings o yoga. May all beings have freedom from suffering.
We meet in all-inclusive retreat form. 3 steps, a total of 28 retreat days, stretching over 9 months. Between the steps we meet in online classes and share support, home assignments and ways to assimilate the yoga into your daily life. Since the course runs over som many months you get a good chance to assimilate the yoga and the teachings into your life in a way that makes sense to you. You get to meet the everyday life and possible challenges while still having the support from the techers and the group. This way you can really grow into the role of a yogi and yoga teacher.
- Step 1: 26th May – 4th June 2023
- Step 2: 30th Sep- 8th Oct 2023
- Step 3: 13th – 21st Jan 2024
- Sat 1st July 7am-12noon
- Tue July 25th 6-8pm
- Sun Nov 5th 7am-12noon
- Tue Dec 5th 6-8pm
The number of students is limited to 20, for maximum support of every individual. The main teachers are available for support throughout the whole course, also between the steps. In addition to that there are guest teachers coming for parts of the course.
The course takes place in Shambala Gatherings “Borntorpet”, Skinnskatteberg, 2hr north of Stockholm, Sweden. Surrounded by serene forest, lake and sauna right in the garden, big yogashala overlooking the lake.
Shambala provides the most exquisite environment both outside and inside to support your journey and let you get absorbed into the yoga fully. Everything is taken care of during the retreats, so that you can fully relax and focus on yourself and the course.
The food is of highest possible quality, as much as possible organic ingredients, vegan and gluten free. Each meal is lovingly prepared to create balance and suit a yogic lifestyle.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from the Sama Yoga school. The course is also certified by Yoga Alliance and you can apply for your own Yoga alliance certification after the course is finished.
The course is given in English.
The price includes 270 hrs teacher led hours – 28 all-inclusive retreat days, course material, support during the course’s 9 months, and a new heartfelt community of yoga friends for the rest of your life. Many other trainings offer only 200 hrs and fewer days for a similar course fee.
A large team of employees and volunteers will take care of the practical details so that you can focus fully on yourself and on the course.
- Date: 26 May 2023 - 14 January 2024
- Location: Shambala Gatherings, Skinnskatteberg, Sweden
- Course Fee: 35 000 SEK
Price for food & accommodation: 24 750 SEK*
- *if we are more than 15 participants the food and accomodation will be discounted to 22 000SEK
- All prices are including VAT
- Including 270 Teacher led hours as well as Food & Accommodation for 28 retreat days.
- If you need a payment plan, we’re happy to discuss how we can meet you in that!
- For whom: Most important is that you feel ready to meet yourself and grow in a deeper way. You also need some experience of practicing Yoga. How much is hard to define, please contact us and we can discuss.
What's included: 270 teacher led hours filled with practical, theoretical and philosophical classes that include:
- Traditional Yoga technique (Asana, Pranayamameditation and mantra)
- Yoga philosophy, Attitudes and Lifestyle with roots in the ancient vedic tradition
- Anatomy and Physiology (including both the teaching of the body and the different organs, as well as knowledge of Prana, Nadis and Chakras)
- Unique classes with Swamiji, a master of vedanta, yoga sastra, chanting and sanskrit since over 45 years
- Understanding what puja (ceremony) can give us and practice leading own ceremonies in a way that resonates with you
- Basic knowledge of sanskrit, the language of Yoga. Including both alphabet and pronunciation
- Teaching methodology (how to teach, demonstrate and adjust) and discussions around what it means to be a yoga teacher
- Practicing your teaching skills, feedback, observing others teaching
- During the first step Sky gives you a personal program that fits your body and constitution that you bring home to practice
- Private coaching sessions
- An online library with classes to use at home
- Introduction to Ayurveda and how to apply it to your life
- Yoga from the standpoint of the 5 elements
- Understanding of how you can integrate and make sense of the ancient teachings and practices in your modern day-today life
- Voice training
- Understanding of the power of words and how our ways of expressing affects the students
- Tips for how you can start giving your own classes and retreats
- Personal support and home assignments throughout the year
- Home assignments as support for the time after the course
- Certification as a Sama Yoga teacher
- Possibility to apply for Yoga Alliance certificate at the 200hr-level
- Sama Yoga manual (see digital version here )
- Books by Sky: ”32 Asanas” and ”Pranayama”
- Books by Swami Dayananda Saraswati: ”Value of Values” and ”The true teacher”
- Book about mantra by Geoffrey Blaidsdell: “Japa”
- Surprise gift at the final ceremony
- To bring: Bring yourself, just as you are, with all your dreams, thoughts, emotions, experiences and background. There are a few practical things to bring as well, we’ll send you a list when you have signed up.
- Arranged by: Sama Yoga AB in collaboration with Indigo Garden
About the teachers
Sky Akasha is the main teacher of the course. He found a passion for yoga in 1991 and has taught several styles of yoga since year 2000, always coming back to the simple and deep principles in the tradition of Hatha Yoga. Gracefully incorporating wisdom from Qigong, Ayurveda and Bhagavad Gita (yoga shastra) into his classes gives his delivery a certain integrity and well-rounded approach.
His dedicated studies in Vedanta for the past 20+ years as well as a 1 year residential course in Ayurveda with Dr Lad , has given a good grounding in the purpose and practices of Yoga as a way of achieving balance, harmony and total fulfillment in this life. His classes are always spontaneous and deeply honoring of his students.
As he says, “I’m like the milkman, I just deliver the milk, fulfilling the sacred and even unspoken orders of the students”. Taught with relaxed passion, humour and clear understanding of the poses and their benefits, one finds his unique classes inspiring and rewarding.
Sky is the founder of Sama Yoga and since 2001 he has taught full time on courses, teacher trainings, festivals as well as weekly classes in many parts of the world. Since 2007 he is a registered “Experienced Teacher” in the Yoga Alliance.
Sky is the main teacher during the education and teaches about 70 % of the classes, teaching Yoga Asanas, Ayurveda, Teaching skills, Chanting, Puja, Meditation and Yoga Lifestyle wisdom.
- Petra Kalla
- Sanna Tobias
- Anna Sunesson
- Swami Vagishananda
Yoga & work out at home with YogobeCreate account Try for free