The Sea of You – yoga & surf retreat in Sri Lanka
Päivämäärä: 4 - 14 joulukuu 2022
Ohjaaja: Anna-Mari Pentikäinen
About the retreat
Welcome to this unforgettable journey on a magical island of Sri Lanka. No need for previous experience in yoga or meditation.
The theme of this yoga retreat is self-compassion, love and through that, healing.
Self compassion is a practice just like yoga and meditation. This yoga retreat is all about becoming your own best friend.
You'll discover yourself through yoga (embodied slow flow & yin yoga), meditation, intuitive somatic movement, shaking medicine & intuitive writing. You will also learn practices inspired by tantra.
We are starting the days with meditation, pranayama breathing practices, intuitive writing and slow and gentle flow yoga by the pool (you don't need previous experience in writing, we all write just for ourselves).
During the day you can explore the beaches near by, go surfing or snorkling, visit villages next to Hikkaduwa or participate on our day trips. Or, just lay low in the beautiful backyard of our villa, surrounded by quiet lagoon.
We are staying in gorgeus villa surrounded by peaceful nature. There is a big pool on the backyard and also direct access to the lagoon. We stay in big 2 persons rooms with a/c & fan. With a little extra cost you can reserve your own room (we only have 2 x 1 person's rooms so be quick). The group size will be small, maximum 14 participants so make sure to do your reservation in time.
Optional day trips
- Sound healing & gong bath
- Doctor's house market & live music
- Day trip to Ahangama & Kabbalana & visit to ayurvedic medical and tea shop (also possibility to go surfing or visit ANIMAL SOS SRI LANKA)
- learn how to surf in Weligama (which is said to be one of the world's best beaches to learn surfing)
- Yala Safari
- Beautiful Ella on the mountains
- Nuwara Eliya
- Kandy city
- Udawalawe national park
- Sea Turtle Hatchery and Rescue Center, Tsunami Museum, River Safari, Moonstone Mine
- Historic Galle Fort
- Mirissa and Whale Watching & beautiful and quiet Secret Beach of Mirissa
- Colombo city
- Dates: 28.12–4.1.2022
- Location: Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
- Teacher: Anna-Mari Pentikäinen (RYT300)
- Includes: 10 x yoga practice (with meditation and breathing practices) in small groups (max 14 participants)
- writing practices
- accomodation in double rooms (ac and fan)
- breakfast and delicious sri lankan dinner
linen, sheets, towels
- If you want to have your own room it's +30€/per night and please tell this while you reserve your spot. We only have 2 single rooms. Thank you.
- Book your spot: [email protected]
Anna-Mari Pentikäinen is a finnish yoga teacher who thinks that yoga, movement, music & writing all have healing power. On her retreats she combines all these elements together and encourages everyone to be themselves & to always listen and respect their own bodies. She has been hosting retreats for more than 3 years in Sri Lanka so she has lots of experience in traveling in Sri Lanka, too. She also offers retreats in Finland & yogasailings.