Serendipity – yoga retreat for self–compassion & healing
Date: 1 - 7 February 2024
Location: Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
Instructor: Anna-Mari Pentikäinen
More about the yoga retreat
Welcome to the magical island of Sri Lanka – experience a yoga retreat you'll never forget.
This yoga retreat is suitable for anyone curious about yoga and meditation, come as you are!
On this yoga retreat you will...
- learn about the energy channels of the body (the chakras)
- learn different tantric meditations (classical non dual tantra)
- learn how to heal your nervous system with movement & breath
- learn how to make your own healing essential oil blend
- try intuitive writing which can help you to connect to your intuition & subconsciousness
- get inspiration to your own yoga practice
We will stay in a luxurious villa (+1200m) by the private lagoon. The villa is reserved exclusively for the retreat group (max group size 14 people).
The days starts with meditation, journaling & slow flow yoga by the pool. In the evening we practice gentle and relaxing yin yoga on the roof top underneath the stars. There'll also be a curated playlist in each one of the yoga lessons.
In between the yoga practices you have time to relax at the villa, go enjoy the beautiful beach of Hikkaduwa or participated in our trips.
Optional day trips (extra charge)
- beautiful Ella on the mountains & tea plantations & one the most beautiful train routes in the world
- Udawalawe and/or Yala national parks
- historic Galle Fort
- Surf trip to Weligama (beginners friendly)
- Mirissa & boat trip to see the whales
- Mini Adams Peak
- Adams Peak
- dates: 1.2–7.2.2024
price: 1199€/ 7 days
- price includes accommodation (double rooms), 10 x yoga & meditation classes, writing practices, 7 x dinner, 7 x breakfast, yoga mats, towels & sheets.
- possible to reserve a single room for extra charge
- note: price does not include flights & traveling insurance
- yogateacher: Anna-Mari (+700h yoga teacher trainings)
- who can join? Anyone can join regardless of gender. ! No need for previous experience in yoga or meditation.
- extras: You can order massage/facial treatments/pedicure/manicure in the villa.
- Sign up & questions: [email protected] .Sign up max 6 weeks before the retreat starts (note: this retreat is only for small group; we will only take max 14 people).
Anna-Mari is an experienced yoga teacher (+700hrs yoga teacher trainings) who has been organizing yoga retreats in Sri Lanka for years. "I think yoga is a forever changing journey in the body. It's a home coming; all about remembering who you always were. I have organized dozens of yoga retreats through out the years and each one of my yoga retreat has its own theme, but we always do meditation, breath work, yoga, intuitive writing & somatic movement practices in my retreats. My background is in gender studies & sociology and now I study classical tantra (non dual shaivatantra). I'm also currently participating in integrative somatic trauma therapy certificate."
Villa Vehalla is a luxurious private villa located in Hikkaduwa. There's a big swimming pool & lagoon on the backyard of the villa. Every room has a/c & fan, and some rooms also have their own bathroom. Group size max 14 people. We'll have a private chief who'll prepare us delicious Sri Lankan vegetarian food each day – often described as "the best food you can eat in Sri Lanka" by the retreat people. See pictures of the rooms here.