Menorca Autumn Retreat
Date: 22 - 27 September 2019
Location: Menorca, Spain
Instructor: Robin Tåg
Hitta fler resor här!
About the retreat
”It is not a matter of abandoning the ego. It is more a willingness to release it, much like a butterfly metamorphosing from a caterpillar and being set free from its cocoon. When shifting from ego to soul, a journey of surrender means daring to open up and step forward into the mystery of life.” — Matt Kahn
Welcome to join this Yoga Experience in the Magical Island of Menorca. During one week we practice with the intension to explore how to truly Inhabit the Body and improve the Bodys Intelligence in Movement. To help us explore this we use the Virya Yoga Method and the different spectras of Somatic Meditation. At the same time, we explore Menorcas beauty and History through different Excursions around the Island, as well as the charm of Ciutadella de Menorca.
- Somatic Meditation as a tool to inhabit the Body and explore the Idea of how our Spiritual Essence is expressed within the Body.
- Improve your Intelligence in Movement and develop your full Movement Potential with explorative mindful movement.
- Improve Joint Mobility and Movement Control from a Sport Science-Based Approach. Main focus: Vrist and Ankle mobility, Scoulder Girdle coordination, Hip Control and Spine segmentation.
- Move with Integrity and coordinate the body as a unit.
- Embodied Spiritual Themes where we explore and attune to the different stages of Heartfelt Surrender based on Matt Kahns work.
During the week we will be staying at our home and life project Poblado Corazon located on the rural countryside just 2 km outside of Ciutadella de Menorca. The house has 5 bedrooms accommodating 10 people in total. Each room with its own bathroom. Around the house is a vast garden with lots of different elements, a variety of fruit trees and spots for relaxation including the house pool. The yoga shala is a separate building in the center of the garden. Ciutadella is only at 25 min walking distance or 10 min by bike.
Accommodation, food & transfer
Booked through the retreat center. The prices includes a daily hearty breakfast, an afternoon snack and dinner.
Note! Flight or train not included in price.
- Dates: September 22-27, 2019
- Location: Ciutadella de Menorca, Menorca (Balearics, Spain)
- Retreat cost: 395 EUR (including VAT 21%)
- Shared room (2 persons) 7 nights - 525 EUR
- Private room 7 nights - 910 EUR
The retreat includes
- 11 classes ( 25 h in total).
- First class Sunday the 23rd of September at 7.45 am. Arrival on Saturday the 22nd of September in the evening.
- Last class on Friday the 27th of September at 5.30 pm. Departure on Saturday the 28th in the morning.
- Beach Excursions
- Trips to Ciutadella de Menorca
- Visit to the Talaoitic Ruins (The Prehistoric Ruins of Menorca).
- Sunset excursion to Punta Nati.
Additional services (extra cost)
- Holistic Therapheutic Treatments from our therapist Xevi (50€).
About Robin Tåg
Robin is a Physical Therapist, cert. Virya Yoga Teacher, FRC™ Mobility Specialist and Reiki practitioner from Finland. He is one of the co-owners and main educators at the Nordic Yoga Institute (Stockholm), where he teaches anatomy, biomechanics and asana. Robin is passionate about exploring the body and movement through deep somatic exploration.
With emphasis on dynamic controlled transitions, Robin integrates methods from movement science in order to promote functional mobility and strength, body awareness and resilience as well as joint health. By integrating embodied mindfulness themes on his classes he teaches with the intention to help you to fully inhabit the body and experience the physical experience of your bodys spiritual essence. Robin teaches according to the Virya Yoga Method.