Menorca Autumn Retreat
Date: 23 - 30 September 2018
Location: Ferreries, Menorca
Instructor: Robin Tåg
Hitta fler resor här!
About the retreat
Welcome to join this Unique Yoga Experience in the Magical Island of Menorca. During one week we dive into a Somatic Experience Based Practice with the intension to explore how to truly Inhabit the Body and improve the Bodys Intelligence in Movement. To help us explore this we use the Virya Yoga Method and the different spectras of Somatic Meditation. At the same time, we explore Menorcas beauty and History through different Excursions around the Island, as well as the charm of Ciutadella de Menorca.
THE LANGUAGE OF THE BODY
- How Somatic Meditation can be used to fully Inhabit the Body and to Explore the Idea of the Spirits Physical Expression in the Body.
- How Mindful Explorative Movement can be used to improve our Intelligence in Movement and develop our full Movement Potential.
- How to Improve Joint Mobility and Movement Control from a Sport Science-Based Approach. Main focus: Vrist and Ankle mobility, Scoulder Girdle coordination, Hip Control and Spine segmentation.
- How to move with Integrity and coordinating the body as a unit.
THE LANGUAGE OF THE EARTH
- The practice of using the Earth as an object for Meditation. How to move into the Earth and experience "the Groundless Ground".
- How to Experience and Use the forces of Gravity and Ground Reaction force in stillness and in movement.
- The philosophical aspects of The Four Stage Continuum of Groundedness: No Ground, Foreground, Background, Homegrown.
Robin Tåg is a Physical Therapist, FRC™ Mobility Specialist and cert. Virya Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) originally from Finland. After living several years in Sweden his new home is now Barcelona. Robin is specialized in Functional Mobility Training, Rehabilitation for Musculoskeletal Disorders and Mindful Movement. Robin is one of the co-owners and main educators at the Nordic Yoga Institute (Stockholm), where he teaches anatomy, biomechanics and asana.
- Dates: September 23 - 30, 2018
- Location: Ferreries, Menorca
- Cost: 650 EUR
- Includes: 12 classes (6 Classes, 6 Workshops = 27 h) + Daily Meditation Practice.
- Beach Excursions
- Trips to Ciutadella de Menorca
- Guided Meditation at the International Buddhist Retreat Centre
- Visiting the Talaoitics (Prehistoric ruins of Menorca).
- Sunset excursion to Punta Nati.
Additional services (extra cost)
- Holistic Therapheutic Treatments from our therapist Xevi.
During the week we live in a Beautiful Agroturism Hotel in the Central South Part of the Island. The Farm with its majestic house and surrounding romantic garden has a panoramic view over the south-west part of the Island. The Hotel with its common areas include a pool, Chapelle, and a restaurant. The studio where we will be practicing is separated from the main building. While practicing, we can both enjoy the morning sun as well as the view of the sunset behind the rural landscape. The animals living at the farm will be there daily welcoming us to the practice.
Because of the great Location of the House, there are many possibilities regarding where to go and what to discover on the Island. Just 10-15 min away, we have Cala Galdana and the long beaches of Sant Thomas. Ciutadella de Menorca is 20 min away.