KIRTANIYAS - Kirtan Party at Yogansa
Date: 19 May 2019
Location: Yogansa, Stockholm
About the event
Vijay Krsna & Sarasvati [KIRTANIYAS] and special guest Vraj Mohan will be bringing chants from the ancient indian villages to Stockholm this spring!
We are so excited and grateful to host Kirtaniyas in Stockholm again! Last years Kirtan with Kirtaniyas sold out in a minute and was one of the most beautiful evenings if the entire year. Their presence, music and performance is warm, including and makes all of us become one with the moment. Children are welcome!
- Vijay Krsna
- Vraj Mohan
California based Kirtaniyas are a global collective of energetic, multitalented artists. These twenty-somethings grew up in a Vedic culture of song, dance, philosophy and devotion between ashrams and temples both in India and the western world.
Vijay Krsna, band leader, studied devotional Indian folk music known as “Kirtan” in the sacred village of Vrindavana, India. This rare traditional art form is an ancient call-and-response mantra chanting practice, that originated in the Indian subcontinent over 5000 years ago. Joined together with the musically gifted Sarasvati, soulful vocalist Rasika and drummer Nitai, Vijay formed the Kirtaniyas in 2009. They have since travelled the world to over 15 countries infusing new life to these ancient chants with youthful spirit and energy.
Dates: Sunday 19th of May
- 18.00-20.00 at Yogansa
- Location: Yogansa, Pipersgatan 26, Stockholm
- Cost: Ticket Price: 300:-, At the door 350:- . Children under 12 years: 150:-
- Included: Satvic Soup & tea included!
- Please arrive at 17.30 to make sure we can let everyone in and start in time at 18.00.
- We will use incense and aromatic oils in our studio during this event.
- Soup will be served AFTER the Kirtan is finished, only tea will be served before.
- Please come without strollers and minimum "luggage" since we have very limited area for taking care of everyones jackets.
Booking required, please send an email below or click here for more info.