Embodied Flow Yin Yoga (50h)
Date: 22 - 27 October 2019
Location: Sandhi House, Portugal
Instructor: Satu Tuomela & Scott Lyons
About the training
This immersion qualifies for 50 YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Program) hours. With homework and online study it qualifies for 100 YACEP hours total.
Embodied Flow Yin Yoga is a gentle, integrative practice that creates a sacred space where time expands and slows down, allowing you to find your deepest sense of self. This approach combines a unique blend of yin poses, guided imagery, experiential anatomy, movement meditation, five elements of Chinese medicine, breath work, mantra and mind-body medicine practices.
Embodied Flow Yin Yoga recognizes that the way we care for ourselves, others, and the environment is interrelated. Through developing awareness and loving kindness on and off the mat, we gain a felt sense of this “interrelatedness” (yoga) and can become a more fully inhabited embodied being. In this tradition, becoming embodied is a process of returning to our innate sense of well-being where the richness and subtleties of life are deeply experienced. In this way, a life fully felt is a live fully lived.
In this training we will explore and learn:
- Yin poses (basic poses and variations)
- Therapeutic applications of Embodied Flow Yin Yoga including: biomechanics, mind-body medicine, bodywork, energy medicine, emotional processing, and trauma informed approaches
- Foundations of traditional Chinese medicine: meridians, the five elements
- Learn the processes of safely touching into unprocessed energy and emotions and mobilize/ express them through the container of Embodied Flow Yin
- Introduction to Embodied Flow principles and methodology
- Facilitation skills in exploring Eastern and Western experiential anatomy
- How to hold space for deep discovery and processing
- Using props in a unique way to offer modifications that can help support each student's needs
- Advanced observation and hands-on assisting skills
- Integration of Tantric and Buddhist philosophy with yin yoga
- How to create guided meditation that enhances the yin state of receptiveness, acceptance, compassion, intuition, and an individual’s capacity to self-heal
- How to create sacred spaces through rituals
- Dr. Scott Lyons is dedicated to teaching embodiment as a way of exploring human development, healing, growth and transformation. His deep passion is to integrate somatic practices, transpersonal inquiry and scholarly research into the creative and healing arts. Scott is a Clinical Psychologist and Mind-Body Medicine practitioner who specializes in therapies for infants, youth and adults. He is a Certified Body-Mind Centering™ Teacher and Practitioner, Cranio-Sacral Therapist, Visceral Manipulation Therapist, Neuro-Developmental Therapist, Infant Developmental Movement Educator, Registered Movement Therapist and Educator, Trauma Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Thai Massage Practitioner, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mindfulness-based Executive Coach, Experiential Anatomy/ Developmental Movement and Yoga Practitioner, and a 500-hour registered yoga teacher. Additionally he holds a BFA in Theater/Psychology, MFA in Dance/Choreography, MS in Clinical Psychology, and a PhD in Clinical Psychology and Mind-Body Medicine.
Scott is the co-creator of Embodied Flow™ and has had the privilege of teaching Embodied Flow™ and Body-Mind Centering™ workshops and trainings throughout the United States, Europe, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand and Asia. He was an adjunct professor at New York University from 2007-2010 where he co-taught the Viewpoints Studio with Mary Overlie. As an artist, Scott’s work has been performed at BAM, Symphony Space, Dance New Amsterdam as well as theaters throughout the United States and Europe. Foundational to Scott’s teaching is the principle that we can, through intention, expand our capacity to meet and be met. In this way, we can offer the profound gift to our self, others and the environment of being heard, seen, and feeling felt at a cellular level.
- Dates: 22-27 October, 2019
- Location: Sandhi House, Portugal
- Early Bird (if paid in full by Aug 15, 2019): 1100 €
- Early Bird (if paid in two segments of 500 € deposit + balance by Aug 15, 2019): 1225 €
- Full Price: 1400 €
- Price includes: Price includes the training and materials
- Previous knowledge: For the ones interested in deepening their personal studies and/or for starting to teach yin yoga with confidence and care in the Embodied Flow™ methodology.
- What to bring? Bring your own mat (there are extras if needed)
Satu has been teaching for almost 20 years and is known for her very unique, otherworldly and authentic transmission. She is an experienced yoga teacher (ERYT500) with more than 10000 teaching hours under her belt, Embodied Flow™ senior teacher, a teacher training facilitator, Creator of Embodied Yin and Co-creator of Embodied Flow™ Yin program and a Reiki Master, soon to be a movement therapist.
Satu charms with her intuitive, all seeing, facilitation and a big love for classical tantrik teachings, Shamanic roots and goddess vibe. Her exquisite use of music, harmonium playing, singing, humor, loving adjustments, Reiki and clear understanding of human body and how everybody is unique, is well known around the world.
Satu has a background in dancing (ballet) and basketball. She fell in love with yoga in her teens and started teaching almost immediately. Satu has studied two different 200h trainings in vinyasa flow and Hatha. Immersed in Anusara yoga, continued with two advanced trainings (300h). The latest with her main, and very loved, pioneering teachers Scott Lyons and Tara Judelle. She has study with Tiffany Cruikshank and also participated in the offerings of Elena Brower. Her current main teachers are Sally Kempton and Christopher Wallis (nondual Tantra and meditation) and, of course, Tara and Scott.
Satu is passionate about women`s empowerment and holds Women`s Temple Groups around Northern Europe regularly. She is a Tantra devotee and honours her daily sadhana with passion. She is one of the founders of Pranama Yoga Studio in Helsinki and Stockholm and has had the privilege to teach and offer workshops, retreats, trainings and classes around the world from Hawaii to Bali. Satu and her Authentic Flow Tribe (www.authentic-flow.com) run 50h, 100h, 200h and 500h-teacher trainings and advanced teacher trainings (we are a Yoga Alliance RYS200 & RYS300 school ) all over the world.