800h Yoga Therapy Education
Date: 8 March 2024 - 22 March 2026
Location: Urban OM – Stockholm
Instructor: Lisa Petersén, Isa Khalwati, Neo Moreton, Annki Warberg mfl
Yoga Therapy Education
This is an advanced yoga therapy education for you who already have a 200h yoga teacher training, who has a deep interest in human nature and has a longing to work with people in a yoga therapeutic way.
We offer certification at the highest level through the International Yoga Therapists Association.
(Urban OM’S Yoga Therapy Education is 1 of 3 educations certified by the standards of the International Yoga Therapists Association in Europe.)
Yoga therapy is the professional application of the principles and practices of yoga to promote health and wellbeing within the therapeutic relationship. This includes personalized assessments, goal setting, lifestyle management and yoga practices for individuals and/or small groups.
The practice of yoga therapy requires specialized training to effect positive change for the individual and skill development to support the client-therapist relationship
The education is a deep journey of self-discovery, as the foundation to support others starts with knowing yourself first. This education will give you a profound understanding about yourself in order to be able to support others with integrity, experience and skills.
- Gain insight about deeper aspects of yoga through somatic understanding, philosophy and embodied anatomy.
- Develop skills to give sessions, work with groups and lead transformational workshops
- Learn how to support clients with emotional release through breath and bioenergetics.
- Support clients in reaching deep personal insights
- Learn best-practice methods on how to create a relation field and set healthy boundaries with individuals and in groups
- Understand and asses how to look at body types through the lense of bio- energetics, ayurveda and anatomy
- Learn how to trust your intuition when working with clients
- Learn how to develop and deliver integrative yoga therapy programs for clients
15 modules over 24 month
- Module 1 – Establishing group dynamics and relational field
- Module 2 – Foundations to yoga therapy
- Module 3 – Breath and Bioenergetics
- Module 4 – Embodied anatomy 1
- Module 5 – Yoga therapy personalized programs-online
- Module 6 – Uncover the being
- Module 7 – Ayurvedic health
- Module 8 – Guiding with sound and voice
- Module 9 – Embodied anatomy 2
- Module 10 – Embodied asana and touch methodology
- Module 11 – Bioenergetics 2
- Module 12 – Practicum application and skills
- Module 13 – Counselling skills
- Module 14 – Philosophy
- Module 15 – Clinic
After the training you:
Will be certified as a yoga therapist by Urban OM.
And you can apply to:
Become certified with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
Registered with Yoga Alliance at 500 hours (E-RYT 500)
- Date: 8 mars 2024 - 22 mars 2026
- Location: Urban OM Center for inner growth, Wallingatan 20, Stockholm
- Price: 159.000 SEK 25% moms (Early bird price, available )
- Previous knowledge: 200h yoga teacher training
- 15 modules over 24 months at Urban OM & online
- 6 month supervised practicum
- Off site residental course at Baravara (Booked & paid separatley)
- You will have extensive practical experience observing, assisting & practicing
- Mentoring & peer support for collaborative, co-creative and reflective learning
- Organizer: Urban OM - Center for Inner Growth'
About the teachers:
Trained as a Yoga Therapist (IAYT), Osho Therapist (Osho Risk Denmark), Yoga Teacher Trainer (E-RYT 500) and NLP Practitioner (London). Holds a Law degree (London) and studied business at Columbia Business School (NY) & IE Business School (Madrid) & THNK School for Creative Leadership (Amsterdam). Founder of Urban OM, BYOND, Reach Within and AIYANA. Author of & Being real for a change& and is today working as an Executive Coach.
ANNKI WARBERG LANDAHL
Annki is one of Sweden's most experienced Kundalini yoga teachers. She has been practicing and studying Kundalini yoga, Ayurveda and Dharma for 28 years. With contagious joy and passion she teaches her deep experience and understanding of yoga from a holistic perspective. She is certified Ayurvedic therapist, Pregnancy Yoga Teacher, Medi Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist, Sat Nam Rasayan Healer and is the founder of Stockholm Kundaliniyoga Center.
Isa holds a BA in psychology from the University of Stockholm as well as a degree from Swedish Academy for Psychotherapist Education (SAPU) and is trained in Somatic experiencing (SE) - Trauma Therapy. She has worked with people both in sessions, groups and trainings for the last 20 years. Part of creating Baravara and Urban OM. Leads groups at Baravara (baravara.se) and workshops at Urban OM as well as giving private sessions. Creator of the LET GO meditation.
Lisa has a background working with teenagers in socially vulnerable areas both in London and Stockholm for more than 20 years. Her passion for working with people and yoga led her to the 800H yoga therapy education here at Urban OM. She quit her job as a youth worker and started to work as a yoga teacher and yoga therapist before she became the studio manager at Urban OM. She loves creating classes that invite a deep embodied experience of flow and ease. She loves sharing how to meet people with your touch in hands on assists.