The Art of Teaching Vinyasa - Immersion
Date: 17 - 21 June 2018
Location: Vallåsens Värdshus, Skåne
Instructor: Lisa Andersson Rhodiner & Elin Jensen
THE ART OF TEACHING VINYASA
SEQUENCING AND TEACHING MINDFUL VINYASA FLOW YOGA IS AN ART. If you over-instruct or over-do your sequencing, your students may lose the meditative quality of vinyasa. However if you don’t include alignment cues and logic, your students may get confused and not receive the tools they need to safely dig deeper into their practice.
IN THIS TRAINING you will learn how to sequence dynamic all-level vinyasa classes, as well as how to deliver classes with clarity and confidence. In addition to developing new skills that will up your game as a teacher, you will actually be on the mat practicing yoga as a student twice a day!
SET IN THE LUSH FOREST of southern Sweden at the most magical time of year, this 4 day immersion is an in-depth training in the Art of Teaching Vinyasa developed for teachers of any lineage of yoga. The training will help you evolve as a skilled, articulate, creative and inspirational Vinyasa Teacher.
What you will learn
- Logic in asana structure, alignment and sequencing
- Asana family connections, asana history and evolution
- The art of intelligently designing classes that are fun, graceful, inspirational and boosting for all levels
- How to effectively plan and structure a class around a theme – physical, philosophical, spiritual and beyond
- How to plan and structure a class around a peak-pose
- How to create your own go-to patterns of movement and templates
- The art of delivering clear, concise instructions
- How to deal with the pressure to entertain and wow your students
- How to nurture curiosity within the context of repetition
INTENSIVE IMMERSION FORMAT with daily morning and evening full practice and training/workshops in-between. We believe the personal retreat is a key component of remaining an amazing and inspirational yoga teacher. In this 4 day immersion, you get to practice alongside fellow teachers, exchange experiences and evolve in your craft as well as in your personal physical practice.
BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS and healthy nourishing food will have a powerful impact on any learning experience. For this training we have hand-picked a wonderful and unique venue in Sweden. You will be staying at an aesthetically stimulating small countryside hotel with a great boutique style, personality and attention to detail.
STRONG FACULTY with two main teachers onsite. Together we have 17 years of combined Vinyasa teaching experience and over 30 years of combined practice.
SMALL GROUPS – group size for this training is limited to 26 students. With two teachers onsite, this guarantees individual attention and a high quality training.
- 7–9.30 am | Morning Practice (including meditation, pranayama, asana)
- 9.30 am | Breakfast
- 11 am–1.30 pm | Session 1
- 1.30 pm | Lunch
- 3–7 pm | Session 2 + Evening Practice
- 7 pm | Dinner and self-study
TRUE NORTH VINYASA is the loving product of yoga teachers and entrepreneurs Lisa Andersson Rhodiner and Elin Jensen. We are both strong, independent and free thinking Swedish natives, with an unconditional love for the rhythm and flow of vinyasa yoga. Along with our strong faculty of experienced teachers, each equipped with his or her unique skillset, we wish to be part of a future with high quality yoga teachers and a shift in the world towards health, sustainability and respect for the self and others.
Lisa Andersson Rhodiner (SWE) is a E-RYT 200 Yoga Alliance certified Vinyasa Flow and Hatha yoga teacher, based in the seaside town of Ericeira, western Portugal. She has been teaching yoga full time ever since graduating her first teacher training in Bali in 2012, offering classes, workshops and retreats in both Europe and Asia.
Elin Jensen (SWE) is a E-RYT 200 certified vinyasa teacher based in the seaside town of Båstad, southern Sweden. Elin shares her love for yoga out of the studio YOGALITO (co-owned with Sara Kristensen) in Båstad, as well as at retreats, workshops and trainings in Mallorca, Portugal and Sweden. Elin’s vinyasa yoga is steadily paced, mindfully sequenced and designed to prepare each individual body and mind to safely take on new challenges. She thrives off of the privilege to guide into full bloom what every yogi already has: a powerful body with infinite possibilities.
- Dates: June 17–21, 2018
Location: Vallåsens Värdshus, in the forest by Båstad, Sweden
- Welcome circle is at 4 pm on June 17, closing circle is after breakfast on June 21.
- Teachers: Lisa Andersson Rhodiner & Elin Jensen
- Regular rate: €1,600/€1,900
- Early bird rate: € 1,300/€1,600
Discounted rate: € 1,400/€1,700
- Early bird rate applies to all bookings registered before February 1, 2018.
Included in price:
- Full time schedule (classes and training)
- All teaching materials
- 50 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education
- Three vegetarian meals daily
- Four nights in shared or private accommodation at boutique venue in Sweden
- Train station pick-up and drop-off
- Access to mentorship and support after training
- Access to world-wide network of True North Vinyasa teachers
- Airfare and airport transfer
Discounted rate applies for either of the below:
- Bring a friend – book together and you will each get the discounted rate
- Be a regular – if you've been to a Yogalito or Inspiro Yoga retreat after January 1st, 2015
- To reserve your spot, we require a non-refundable deposit of € 500. The remaining balance is due no later than April 17, 2018. Payment plans are available upon request.
This training is for you if
- You are already a yoga teacher – of any lineage, level of experience and background.
- You would like to add Vinyasa Flow to your teaching, or further your skills as a Vinyasa Teacher.
- You are eager to immerse into your own personal practice for four days.
- You are inspired by beautiful surroundings and attention to detail.
FIRST OFF, LET YOURSELF SETTLE into the light-filled lush forest of southern Sweden. Breathe the fresh air, take in the bird songs and take off your shoes. Shift into retreat mode We welcome you with an evening practice and dinner, and on day two, after morning practice, we dig into the Art of Teaching Vinyasa. We draw examples from the morning practice and study sequencing, patterns of movement, class themes and asana families and structure. We mix theory with practicum and finish the day off with an evening practice.
DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN fresh food will keep you nourished throughout the day, and the group will keep you inspired. During breaks you can explore forest trails on foot or on a bike, rest or study, socialise or take a nap, whatever your heart desires. Three full days follows this general pattern, and after morning practice and breakfast the last day, we hug it out and part ways.
- Yoga Teacher of any lineage and education
- At least 6 months of teaching experience
- Familiarity with Vinyasa Yoga
- Familiarity with Ashtanga Yoga
- Ability to communicate in English*
* Clear verbal communication and a varied, inspirational way with words are essential parts of your success as a yoga teacher. While our training is in English, we are aware that you may not teach in English. We will encourage you to work in your language whenever possible but we can only offer effective support in English, Swedish and Spanish.