True North Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (200h)
Date: 9 - 30 April 2018
Location: Columbeira/Ericeira, Portugal
Instructor: Elin Jensen & Lisa Andersson Rhodiner
Hitta fler resor här!
A life changing experience
TRUE NORTH VINYASA is a teacher training true to the essence of vinyasa with a fresh and open minded perspective. This is an immersion into a transformational personal physical practice. It's a hands-on catapult into skilful vinyasa teaching and the business of being a teacher. It's a tool kit that will help you find your voice and your calling as a yoga teacher.
WE STAY TRUE TO THE CORE of modern vinyasa. This means we don't provide answers and we never ask you to memorise a sequence or a script. In fact we won't even give you a sequence. Instead we will focus on the foundational knowledge you need in order to create your own sequences and scripts with confidence. You will learn THE CRAFT OF TEACHING vinyasa.
OUR TRAINING FOLLOWS and greatly exceeds the outline of Yoga Alliance and will earn you a 200 hr Yoga Teacher Certificate. But above all, it will mark the beginning of your new life as a skilled, articulate, creative and inspirational Vinyasa Teacher.
From day one we will guide you in DEEPENING YOUR PRACTICE and fine tuning the skills you'll need to be an empowered and empowering yoga teacher.
Your own personal practice and choices, on and off the mat, make up the foundation of your offerings as a teacher. Exploring the refinement of body, movement, breath, energy flow and clarity of mind is the base of our training.
Be prepared to push your mental and physical boundaries throughout these intensive three weeks. Be prepared for major shifts, changes and transitions – again, some of the key components of vinyasa flow yoga.
What you will learn
- How to observe and respond to people, their bodies and their potential
- How to deepen your own practice and apply the wisdom from your journey to guiding others
- Logic in asana structure and alignment, working from the base and up, from the inside and out
- How to assist physical poses with confidence and encouragement
- How to communicate from the core of your being and your heart, with an articulate
- INTENSIVE TRAINING - We offer this course as a 21 day all inclusive intensive with additional preparation time and follow up assignments before and after. The intensive format allows you to fully dedicate yourself to a transformational practice and journey. We believe the personal immersion is a key component in becoming a yoga teacher.
- BEAUTIFUL SETTING - We believe in the power of beautiful surroundings and good nourishing food. For this training we have carefully picked two amazing venues in Portugal. You will be staying in aesthetically stimulating small hotels, each with a great boutique style and attention to detail. Prices are based on comfortable shared accommodation, either in a double or triple room with private or sometimes shared bathroom.
- TWO LOCATIONS IN ONE TRAINING - We move locations once during the three week training. This will allow a fresh perspective and a necessary step out of your comfort zone, but it will also give you a chance to see more of beautiful western Portugal. The first two weeks we retreat in a more remote setting, while the last week is spent in a seaside town.
- TWO MAIN TEACHERS - True North Vinyasa is a strong team of two main teachers. Together we have 17 years of combined teaching experience and over 30 years of combined practice. We are ready to share our knowledge of owning a successful studio, organising fully booked retreats, sequencing memorable classes and designing unique, sold-out workshops. But we are also ready to share our mistakes, insights from embarrassing teaching moments and less than inspiring trainings.
- SMALL GROUPS - Group size for this training is limited to 20 students, making the student-teacher ratio 10:1. This is unusual and guarantees individual attention and a high quality teacher training.
- WE DON'T LEAVE YOU HANGING - We have a solid worldwide network and will continue to offer insight and mentorship for an unlimited time after the teacher training has ended.
- EXCELLENT GUEST FACULTY - We believe in a strong, diverse team and will invite inspiring and experienced guest faculty for an added perspective
- BEYOND TEACHING WELL- Being a yoga teacher is competitive. While we give you a strong skillset to become an amazing teacher, we are also dedicated to sending you off with solid knowledge of how to build your brand, run your business and succeed financially. We dedicate much more time to this than most teacher trainings.
This training is for you if
- You love the freedom and creativity of modern vinyasa flow
- You would like to be a confident and skilful yoga teacher, true to yourself
- You are ready to dedicate three super intensive weeks to developing yourself, your practice and your knowledge base
- You are inspired by beautiful surroundings and attention to detail
- You like the idea of spending three weeks in Portugal in the spring
- You would like to set up a successful yoga business – not just be a teacher
Dates: April 9-30, 2018
- Welcome circle is at 1 pm on April 9, closing circle and ceremony is after lunch on April 30.
- Both locations are within one hour easy transfer from Lisbon international airport. We can help arrange transfer.
- Location: Buddha Retreats in Columbeira (week 1 and 2) and Magic Quiver in Ericeira (week 3), Portugal
Cost: (Early bird rate applies to all bookings registered before November 1st, 2017)
- Regular rate: €4,900
- Early bird rate: € 4,400
- Discounted rate: € 4,600
- 200 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification
- True North Vinyasa exclusive teacher's manual
- 21 nights of shared accommodations in 2 stunning locations
- Three vegetarian meals daily
- Transportation when we move locations
- Access to mentorship and support after the training
- Access to world-wide network of True North Vinyasa teachers
- Required reading material (around €100)
- Airfare and airport transfer
- Two years of regular yoga practice, any style
- Familiarity with Vinyasa Yoga
- Familiarity with Ashtanga Yoga
- Ability to communicate in English*
- Required reading and some preparatory work before training begins
Elin Jensen (SWE) is a E-RYT 200 certified vinyasa teacher based in the seaside town of Båstad, southern Sweden. Elin shares her love for yoga out of the studio YOGALITO (co-owned with Sara Kristensen) in Båstad, as well as at retreats, workshops and trainings in Mallorca, Portugal and Sweden. Elin’s vinyasa yoga is steadily paced, mindfully sequenced and designed to prepare each individual body and mind to safely take on new challenges. She thrives off of the privilege to guide into full bloom what every yogi already has: a powerful body with infinite possibilities.
"I like to think that my personal practice is one of softness, integrity and fluidity. Over 20 years I've slowly evolved in poses and transitions, practicing patience and non-attachment. I'm no gymnast or even athlete, more of an artist I believe. I was dancing as a child and sailing the world oceans as a young adult, so movement and pulsation has always been central in my life."
Elin balances yoga with family life (Californian husband and two children) and a parallell career as a Branding and Marketing Consultant. She has been teaching yoga since 2007 and completed several trainings in vinyasa and yin yoga, most recently with Jason Crandell and Shiva Rea. In addition to teaching yoga, Elin is passionate about raising the level of professionalism, quality and skill amongst yoga teachers. She has created the workshop concept Branding & Marketing for Yoga Teachers, and has a strong interest in pedagogics, communications, leadership and psychology in relation to the craft of teaching yoga.
Lisa Andersson Rhodiner (SWE) is a E-RYT 200 Yoga Alliance certified Vinyasa Flow and Hatha yoga teacher, based in the seaside town of Ericeira, western Portugal. She has been teaching yoga full time ever since graduating her first teacher training in Bali in 2012, offering classes, workshops and retreats in both Europe and Asia. In addition, Lisa has taught at a number of international yoga festivals and events. She’s mentored and assisted at several teacher trainings and is the co-founder of INSPIRO YOGA, offering retreats, events and trainings since 2013.
Lisa's dynamic and strong vinyasa flow classes are influenced by Anusara, Iyengar and Ashtanga. Lisa's signature style includes encouraging hands-on adjustments, clear instructions and seeing each student at his or her level. In addition to Vinyasa Flow and Hatha yoga, Lisa also teaches Yin, Restorative, and Partner Yoga. She continues to allow space for personal growth every year, and has completed many teacher trainings with Radiantly Alive, High Vibe Yoga and Yoga Buddhi.
An entrepreneur at heart and a passionate healthy food and sustainable lifestyle advocate, Lisa has co-founded multiple forward-thinking lifestyle projects during the last few years. Art of Life Yoga & Raw Food Retreats in Bali, Pop Up Yoga & Brunch Ericeira, Yogalito Teachers Academy and Find Your Flow Immersions are just a few.
"My intention and strong wish is to inspire as many people as possible to live healthy and happy lives through the practice of yoga combined with nourishing food and sustainable life style choices"