Depth Advanced Teacher Training (100h)
Date: 7 - 14 July 2019
Location: Vale de Moses, Portugal
Instructor: Satu Tuomela
Yin & Yang, Chinese medicine
If you don’t go deep within, you will go without.
This is a 7-day self-healing exploration path of the Yin and Yang elements of yoga and life. Investigating Chinese Medicine and the 5 Transforming Powers of Water, Wood, Fire, Earth and Metal and the meridians. Investigating more of the energy anatomy and the movement of Qi or Prana in the body.
With daily studies in meditation and chanting, the basic and new innovative yin yoga poses, Embodied Flow and myofascial release techniques you will learn how to be the best possible facilitator to hold a sacred space for a yin and yang practice guided with a embodied feel.
You will also dive deeper into the Power of Touch as a teacher and learn techniques from Shamanism, Reiki and Body-Mind Centering®. Full module includes a self-study portion after the training which includes 38h home pranayama, meditation, asana from different systems, planning classes, writing an essay of the training (and after) experience. Done in about 4 weeks.
This teaching is in English, but finnish and swedish translation available. This training is also available online.
A day at the training
- 07.00-08:00 Pranayama, mantra and meditation
- 08-10:30 Practice (movement, asana)
- 10:30-11:30 Breakfast break
- 11:30-14.00 Energy anatomy/Chinese medicine etc.
- 14.00-16.00 Lunch break
- 16.00-18.00 Practice lab/assists (Biomechanics, alignment, embodied practices, somatics, the power of touch)
- 18.00-19.00 Yin Yoga/Restorative/self-healing practices
- 19.00 Dinner
- 20.00-20:30 Ending session (mantra, discussion etc.)
(This is subject to change)
Tuition early bird, paid when booked:
- If not fully paid when booked, you can pay: Reservation fee now (500€) and then the second payment will be:
- 1100€ to be paid 2 months before the course starts.
- Reservation fee is non-refundable and the tuition fee only refundable if you are physically/mentally unable to join. Doctors note required.
- Dates: July 7-14, 2019
- Location: Vale de Moses, Portugal and online
- Cost: See below to the left
- Included in price: Including full training and material (not the books), food and lodging. Excluding flights.
- Teachers: Satu Tuomela & Assistant teacher (TBA)
- Previous knowledge: 200 h Yoga Teacher Training or equivalent. Loves to move and to be moved. For teachers who wants deepening their studies.
- To bring: Bring your own mat (there are extras if needed)
Satu has been teaching for almost 20 years and is known for her very unique, otherworldly and authentic transmission. Borrowing the words of one of her students: "Satu's classes leave you with "what the hell just happened?". It’s beyond yoga, it’s a LIFE a LOVE a REALIZATION class”.
She is an experienced yoga teacher (ERYT500) with more than 10000 teaching hours under her belt, Embodied Flow™ senior teacher, a teacher training facilitator, Creator of Embodied Yin and Co-creator of Embodied Flow™ Yin program and a Reiki Master, soon to be a movement therapist.
Satu charms with her intuitive, all seeing, facilitation and a big love for classical tantric teachings, Shamanic roots and goddess vibe. Her exquisite use of music, harmonium playing, singing, humor, loving adjustments, Reiki and clear understanding of human body and how everybody is unique, is well known around the world.
Satu has a background in dancing (ballet) and basketball. She fell in love with yoga in her teens and started teaching almost immediately. Satu has studied two different 200h trainings in vinyasa flow and Hatha. Immersed in Anusara yoga, continued with two advanced trainings (300h). The latest with her main, and very loved, pioneering teachers Scott Lyons and Tara Judelle. She has study with Tiffany Cruikshank and also participated in the offerings of Elena Brower. Her current main teachers are Sally Kempton and Christopher Wallis (nondual Tantra and meditation) and, of course, Tara and Scott.
Satu is passionate about women`s empowerment and holds Women`s Temple Groups around Northern Europe regularly. She is a Tantra devotee and honours her daily sadhana with passion. She is one of the founders of Pranama Yoga Studio in Helsinki and Stockholm and has had the privilege to teach and offer workshops, retreats, trainings and classes around the world from Hawaii to Bali.